Thursday, December 8, 2011

So much to be thankful for...

I hosted my very first Thanksgiving dinner this year--and cooked my first turkey. It was a big undertaking for me, but it all turned out great. We had a fun group of friends over: the Vances, the Kuettels, the Burgons, and the Annisons. 






As was tradition in my house growing up, everyone had to make a Thankful Turkey before we could eat. :)


The guys watched some football and did a lot of dishes. The kids ran around--inside and outside--and got along great together. We all played some dodgeball, laughed and talked, and ate awesome food and pies. Although we missed our families back home, Thanksgiving 2011 was a happy one here in NC.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed you hosted a Thanksgiving feast!! Maybe someday I'll be as cool as you are. :0)

    ReplyDelete