Sunday, June 24, 2012

Asheville Adventures -- The Biltmore

The Biltmore Estate in Asheville is one of my favorite places. I went with some friends the first year we lived here in NC, then Mark and I went for our anniversary this past year, and then I was able to share it all with my kiddos this summer. The grounds are amazing, with beautiful gardens and lakes and walking paths and mountain views, a farmyard, a winery, a fun ice cream shop... I even got up the courage one morning and took all 3 kids on a speedy tour through the house. The Biltmore is the largest home in America, and it is really something to think that it was all built before 1900. I will miss hanging out there, but I'm sure we'll be back!

Having a snack before our tour of the house


Checking out the kitchen garden


Our friends the Preeces came to play with us for a couple of days last week




I looked over and saw that Grant and Liza were reading the little sheep a book about sheep. :)
Kimball and Ashley were serious about their checkers game

The root beer float was good, but the dreamsicle float was amazing!
That sun dial was really cool. I want one in my yard someday. 
Grant was very proud of the ladybug he caught
My lovely friend Jenny

Anyone want to come out a visit us? If you ask really nice I might take you to the Biltmore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment