Monday, July 30, 2012

Getting used to things...


So, my baby girl is in kindergarten. I am having a hard time accepting that she's gone all day Monday through Friday. My favorite moment with her each day now is after school when she runs to me and jumps into my arms, saying over and over, "Mommy! Mommy! I was missing you." Overall, she's enjoying school so far and is proud to tell me anytime she's brave and makes a new friend. She says her favorite parts of school are coloring and recess.


And Kimball is in 3rd grade. Third grade! I remember vividly when I started 3rd grade and how old I felt getting off the bus with my new trapper keeper. Time is flying. Kimball had to fill out several of those all-about-me forms during the first week of school, and I loved several of his answers: 

What is your favorite color? Duke blue

What is your favorite restaurant? Arby's

What is your proudest moment? When I got baptized


And now, this is who I get to spend my days with:


We play trains and cars, go on bike rides, have races, build zoos for his animals, eat snacks, and run errands together. We like to go visit Kimball and Liza at school during their lunchtimes. I miss having my bigger kids home, but I sure am thankful I still have this little buddy.


It's nice to have Mark home with us now that he's done in Asheville and we're home from our travels. Mark's schedule is better than it has been for a long time now that he's a 3rd-year resident with no night or weekend call anymore, so we're getting to have some good family time. He was actually home for dinner 3 times last week--a new record--and the best part is that from all appearances, this better schedule should be the new norm. He and I have been staying up late watching the Olympics the past few nights. It's great having him around. I'll keep him.



1 comment:

  1. Liza is so beautiful!! She is such a little lady! It was good to catch up with you the other day. I always love talking with you! I'm glad Mark is home more now. And we have been loving the Olympics, too! :)

    ReplyDelete