Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finally

Yes, I'm finally entering the blogging world. I just got rid of my flip phone. I just added texting to my plan. I guess I'm finally embracing some of the technology that I've been avoiding all these years.

Once we finished medical school in Utah and moved away from all our family, I started thinking about creating a blog. But it has taken me a year in Washington, a cross-country move, and more than a year in North Carolina to finally go for it. I'm obviously hoping this blog will help me keep in touch with family and friends, but I'm also hoping it provides me a place to write and share what's on my mind.

My little family is loving our life out here in Durham. We are surrounded by amazing people, beautiful scenery (you should see this place in the fall!), wildlife (we've seen everything from frogs to possums to deer just in our yard), history, beaches, mountains, diversity, and opportunity. North Carolina has become a happy home for us.

These days our life is filled with Mark's busy residency schedule (he's an ophthalmology resident at Duke), church service, school, preschool, soccer, gymnastics, piano lessons, Thomas trains, baby dolls, potty training, and all that comes with having three active, awesome kids.

So yes, I am happy to be starting a blog. I think it's finally time.

4 comments:

  1. I feel privileged to be the first the comment on your new blog! It looks great and I think you will really like the "blog world" :) Let me know it I can help at all, although I'm no expert, and thanks for the picture comment. We took those at Half Moon Bay right before we moved and we just might go back after this baby is born to get more pics because it is so beautiful there! talk to you soon...mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Aimee! I am happy you have finally converted to the blogging world. I am most happy that I can keep up with your adorable family. We miss you all so much. Say hi to beautiful NC for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've decided to start a blog, too! I'll be able to keep up with you guys better! It sounds like you're really enjoying your time out there. I would love to visit NC some day! I can just imagine all of the good Christian people out there that you've met. Anyway, you all look great! And I added your link to my blog already. Ours is drostanandstaci.blogspot.com Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently entered the texting world as well and I have to say it is a lot easier to get a babysitter that way. I'm really excited that you are blogging; I really enjoy it. I would also suggest that you use google reader to keep tab on the blogs you follow it will let you know when someone has posted something new so you don't always have to check. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete