Sunday, March 25, 2012

All Moved In!

After weeks of packing and cleaning and saying goodbye to our home and friends in our old neighborhood, 

Miss Joyce, Miss Pam, and the Grinells, all from our cul-de-sac, gave us a good-bye party. We're going to miss our neighbors there!
our big move (actually only 3 miles up the road from our old house!) was last weekend. Thanks to the help of Mark's dad and brothers Tim and Paul and a lot of awesome friends, we were able to get everything moved over quickly. I've worked really hard this week trying to unpack and set things up so that this new house feels like home. Our new house is big and beautiful but really different than any home I've ever lived in, so it has been fun to try to figure out how to make it work for us.

Here's the formal dining room, which we're using as a toy room on the main floor.  I figured that at our stage we need play rooms a lot more than we need formal rooms! 
The new piano area has made Kimball much more excited to practice. :)
Here's the new bookcase that I bought with my birthday money. I got this and the toy organizer in the first picture both from Costco for a great price. Happy birthday to me! 
I like how the kitchen and family room are one big open room.
The kids' rooms turned out fun, and Mark and I are having fun with our gigantic master bedroom and sitting room. We're using the sitting room as an office space for him and a craft/project room for me. It's nice to have our own space so the rest of the house stays cleaner. Anyway, we're feeling moved in and ready for life to get back to normal around here.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda and I LOVE your new house! Amanda wishes it were hers! We love the fun, big rooms. We really should come and visit you guys again, so we can see everything for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete